Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Best ever cleaning tool!

I LOVE cast iron. I cook in it everyday from biscuts and gravy to fried pork chops. Cast iron makes everything taste better!
There are many way and discussions on the most effective way to clean cast iron. I use salt and water to clean all my cast iron but sometimes just that won't work Most of the time I use a dishcloth that I can bleach after each use. I don't like to use a sponge on anything. Sponges harbor bacteria.
Well when you have cast iron sometime when you clean it, you loose some of your seasoning. I speak from hard earned experience. My daughter used my *good* cast iron pancake pan to make chocolate chip pancakes. Not to big of a deal until she tells me she BURNED the chocolate so I had to strip my favorite cast iron pan. :'( If I would have had this Halo scrubbie, I wouldn't have had to strip it. I would of just used salt and the scrubbie to get the burned chocolate off. I just simply used a bit of soapy water and the Halo scrubbie.
Since it is a good size 7" by 7" it is easy to use for any size job. I love that it even has a ring to hang it from a hook if you so desire. I have mine hanging on the wall behind the sink but you can put it back it back in the canister with a bit of soap to have it on hand to clean with.
I did receive this for a discounted price for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment