Friday, February 5, 2016

Darling little containers!

I wanted something cute to give out as Christmas gifts this year. My daughter and I are making lip gloss! Mavogel 25pcs Clear Acrylic Cosmetic Sample Containers - 5 Gram Size Pot Jars Eyshadow Container are the perfect size for gift giving! I know the listing on this says for eye shadow, but they could be used in so many ways! Lip gloss (like we chose), small earrings when traveling, glitter, saving busted eye shadow, you could even use them as travel size lotion containers! The possibilities are endless!
My daughter found the recipe for the gloss on justusgirlsblog.com She is 15 so I thought she could handle making this by herself (like she wanted to, she is so grown up! :/ ) Just be sure if you make the gloss to save some back for your self. I am also going to save back an empty jar and a gloss jar for my nail tech. I think she would like the tiny jar to use for her glitter!
Here is the recipe for the gloss
Ingredients
1 Cup of Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
1 pkg of kool-aid drink
1-2 packets of sweetner (Optional)
Lip gloss containers

Directions:
1. Add 1 cup of vaseline in a microwave safe bowl
2. Heat the vaseline in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating. It took me about 3-4 minutes to melt my vaseline. Note that It will be liquid when it is fully melted and very hot! Make sure you wear gloves or oven mitts and make sure children are being supervised.
3. Once melted take out of microwave and stir in kool-aid drink crystals until desired color is reached. ( I used the whole package and because kool-aid by itself is sour, I also poured in a packet of sweetner so that the lip balm wouldn't be so bitter, this is optional.) Stir until the crystals are completely dissolved.
4. If you see that your vaseline is starting to solidify you can heat again for another 30 seconds - skip this step if it is still liquid
5. Pour into your lip gloss containers and leave to solidify - a couple hours
6. Repeat this whole process if making more flavors
7. Give to all your favorite people, but remember to save a few for yourself too!

NOTE: After melting my vaseline and before adding the kool-aid I waited a couple of minutes to let the vaseline cool down so that it wouldn't cook the crystals. Also, this recipe calls for A LOT of stirring until the crystals are fully melted otherwise your lip balm will be gritty.
This recipe is COPIED from Just Us Girls blog!
I did receive these at a discounted/free rate for my honest review. Here is your link to get your own Darling Little Containers!

No comments:

Post a Comment